Kinsale’s Health Care Division is a market for medical practitioners that are ineligible for the standard marketplace. We target those practitioners that have poor claims experience, alcohol and substance abuse histories, gaps in coverage and licensing and/or board issues. Coverage can also include entities or corporations affiliated with a practitioner.
- Non-Standard Dentists (All Specialties);
- Non-Standard Physicians and Surgeons (All Specialties);
- Non-Standard Chiropractors and Podiatrists;
- Non-Standard Mid-Level Providers;
- Group Practitioners (All Specialties);
- Locum Tenens/Medical Staffing;
- Unsupported Excess.
- Professional Liability Coverage;
- Claims-made and reported coverage form;
- Consent-to-settle with hammer;
- Per claim deductible that applies to both indemnity and expense;
- Broadened coverage and preferred pricing available for select risks with favorable claims history, low acuity specialty and other merits;
- Limits available up to $1,000,000/$3,000,000 in all states. Note: For Virginia, higher limits are available to accommodate requirements related to the medical malpractice cap as it changes on July 1 of each year;
- Group policies with multiple providers receiving individual limits of liability are available;
- 12, 24, 36 month tail options available.
Available Coverage Enhancements:
- Incident coverage trigger;
- Defense outside the limit;
- Limited DD&R provision;
- Supplementary payments;
- Damages only deductible.
Medical Professional Excess:
- Excess Liability available on an unsupported basis;
– Follow-form excess;
– Sub-limited coverages exclusion;
– Defense within the limit;
- Available in PCF states;
- Available in traditionally lower limit states/venues such as FL, TX, MI if needed to satisfy a contractual requirement.
- Application (Signed and dated) and appropriate supplemental application;
- Five Year currently valued loss runs;
- Copy of Curriculum Vitae and Dec. Page.