Kinsale Insurance Company

Explore cannabis insurance solutions for marijuana-related businesses from seed to sale.

Cargo Transport

Trucking companies that carry cannabis products may need specialized coverage for their unique cargo. Find cargo coverage options, both primary and excess, from our Inland Marine team.

Equipment Operators and Rental

Companies operating or leasing equipment involved in growing or extraction may need coverage for their cannabis operations. Find equipment operations or rental coverage from our Inland Marine Division.


Special events involving cannabis, like festivals, concerts, or retreats, often require specialized insurance, whether or not the event includes consumption. Find coverage from our Entertainment and Excess Casualty Divisions.

Health Clinics and Pharmacies

Clinics performing medical marijuana evaluations and pharmacies dispensing medical marijuana prescriptions may require specific coverage for their cannabis-related operations. Find coverage from our Allied Health team or Excess Professional teams.

Management and Operations

Dispensaries, product manufacturers, retailers, and other companies involved in the business of cannabis may need insurance coverage for their leadership or their employment practices. Find options from our Management Liability and Excess Professional teams.

Manufacturing and Retail

Manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of cannabis products, including synthetics, plant oil, topical products, and dietary supplements, need specialized coverage for their products. Find coverage for health & beauty products from Life Sciences, options for most other products from Products Liability, and recall coverage from Product Recall.

Medical Professionals

Individual practitioners performing evaluations or issuing prescriptions for medical marijuana use typically need medical malpractice coverage specifically for cannabis-related care. Find solutions from our Health Care or Excess Professional teams.

Property Management

Landlords and property managers with high-risk tenants, like cannabis growers or dispensaries, may require coverage for their cannabis exposures. Find coverage for areas under 200,000 sq. ft. from our Small Business team or above that size from our General Casualty team.